A hearty (but light) vegtable soup that is perfect for cold nights!
Easy Minestrone Soup
Also seen on Small Town Life
Ingredients2 carrots ( medium, chopped )
1 onion ( small, chopped )
2 clove(s) garlic ( minced )
3 teaspoons Canola oil
5 1/2 cups water
4 beef bouillon ( cubes )
15 ounces green beans ( 1 can )
15 ounces Kidney beans, red ( 1 can )
2/3 cup macaroni ( cooked, other pasta works )
to taste salt
to taste black pepper
to taste italian seasoning
1/2 cup italian cheese ( shredded (optional) )
Directions1. In a large saucepan, saute carrots, onions, and garlic in canola oil for 5 minutes.
2. Add in the remaining ingredients, except for the pasta: Water, Beef Bouillon cubes, Diced Tomatoes, Green Beans, and Kidney Beans.
3. Bring to a boil, and reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 25-30 minutes until vegetables are soft.
4. In the meantime boil noodles until al dente.
5. Add in noodles, salt, pepper, and italian seasoning (to taste).
6. Pour some in a bowl, sprinkle with some italian cheese blend (optional), and enjoy!
Note: You can make it completely vegetarian by using Vegetable Stock/Broth instead of Beef.
10From Small Town Life
Adapted from Taste of Home