This meatloaf isn't just your ordinary meatloaf! Yes, it tastes like a traditional meatloaf, but with an extra crunch from the french fried onions and zing sauce on top sets it apart from traditional meatloaf! It's fairly easy, if you don't mind getting your hands a little dirty!
Also seen on Small Town Life
Ingredients1 1/2 pounds ground beef, 95% lean meat
1 onion ( small, finely chopped )
1 cup bread crumbs, plain ( soft )
1/4 cup ketchup
1/4 cup worcestershire sauce
1 egg ( large, beaten )
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 cup ketchup ( for topping )
1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce ( for topping )
2 ounces french fried onions ( for topping )
1. Preheat oven to 350*
2. Put all of the Meatloaf ingredients in a large bowl.
3. Wash your hands (so you can get them dirty again!).
4. Mix all of the Meatloaf ingredients together with your hands, until everything is combined.
5. Grease baking dish or loaf pan (I used a square glass baking dish).
6. Shape Meatloaf mixture into loaf.
7. Bake for 1 hour at 350*
8. In the meantime mix together the Ketchup and Worcestershire Sauce for topping and set aside.
9. After 1 hour, take the Meatloaf out and top with Ketchup/Worcestershire Sauce topping mixture, and then finish off with the French Fried Onions on top.
10. Bake for an additional 5 minutes, and take out. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing into it
Adapted from Taste of Home