These cookies are chewy, and delicious! They remind me of a nice hot cup of Hot Chocolate! The Peanut Butter Chips are a great addition if you like PB & Chocolate!!
Hot Chocolate Chip Cookies
Also seen on Small Town Life
Ingredients1 cup butter ( 2 sticks, room temp )
1 cup Sugar
2/3 cups brown sugar
1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
3 1/4 cups flour
4 ounces hot chocolate mix ( not sugar free )
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 teaspoon Baking soda
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup peanut butter chips
Directions1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper, set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, hot chocolate mix, salt and baking soda.
3. In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar together until smooth and fluffy.
4. Beat in eggs, one at a time until incorporated.
5. Add in vanilla, mix well.
6. Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients making sure all is incorporated. (Do not over-mix, mix until the dry ingredients just disappear. Cookie dough will be really thick)
7. Fold in Chocolate Chips & Peanut Butter Chips.
8. Scoop the dough onto prepared baking sheets.
9. Bake for 9-11 minutes (they might not spread out all the way, but as you let them cool they will)
10. Let cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a rack to cool.
Note: Adding cut up mini marshmallows would heighten the “hot chocolate” appeal. Cut 1/2 cup of mini marshmallows into quarters and mix in with the chocolate chips and proceed with the recipe. Makes 36 cookies.
36From Small Town Life
Adapted from http://thewhimsicalcupcake.wordpress.com/2011/05/06/hot-chocolate-chip-cookies/